I make this as a side for breakfast, barbecue, pork chops, steaks ... it will go with just about anything.
- 2 cups Cubed potatoes, 1/2"
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- Once the potatoes are cubed, move them into a bowl and soak them covered in salted cold water for ten minutes.
- Stir the potatoes in the water, then drain them. Put them back in the bowl, cover them with salted cold water again and let them soak for one hour.
- Drain the potatoes. Put them back in the bowl. Toss them with the olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Set an electric skillet or griddle to 350°F, or set a large skillet on a stove over medium-high heat. (80%)
- Once your cooking surface is hot, spread the prepped potatoes out on it in a single layer. Cook them for 20-25 minutes, tossing them every five minutes.
- When done, the outsides of the potatoes should be crunchy, and the insides al dente.
- I used redskin potatoes for those in the image but you can also use Russett or Yukon Gold potatoes with good results.
- About halfway through the cooking process, add chopped onion, sweet or otherwise, for a more interesting dish.