A classic breakfast dish, I make ours with either chicken or duck eggs. The serving in the image was made with cinnamon swirl bread and duck eggs, and is shown served with a side of Maine blueberry sausage.
- 4 Chicken eggs
- 3 Duck eggs
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 6 slices Bread
- If you're using bread from a bakery, make sure to slice what you need.
- Use a bowl or baking dish that's big enough to lay a slice of bread in. Add your selected eggs with the milk, vanilla extract, and the cinnamon to the bowl but don't mix yet.
- Set an electric skillet or griddle to 350°F, or set a large skillet on a stove over medium-high heat. (80%)
- Once your cooking surface is hot, mix the egg mixture with a fork or whisk until it's well blended. Dip both sides of each slice of bread in the egg mixture and gently lay it on the cooking surface. (Depending on the size of the cooking surface, you may only be able to cook two or three slices at a time.)
- After a couple minutes, lift a slice to see if it's golden brown underneath. If it is, flip it and cook the other side the same amount of time.
- Serve with powdered sugar, butter, and maple syrup.
If you want to only serve two pieces each, use three chicken eggs or two duck eggs, and change the milk measurement to 1/4 cup.