This simple but classic rib recipe allows you to barbecue ribs on the road without a grill, using a non-stick skillet or griddle to get excellent results. The dish as shown was served with a side of Poutine.
- 1 rack Ribs, pork or beef
- Rub see the Blends & Rub section, or use a commercial rub
- 36 oz BBQ sauce
- Set an oven for 250°F. Line a sheet pan/baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Generously rub the ribs with the rub blend, being sure to cover all areas of the ribs.
- Lay the ribs on the sheet pan and bake for three hours at 250°F.
- Remove the ribs from the oven. Set an electric not-stick skillet or griddle for 325°F.
- Brush or spoon a thick layer of the barbecue sauce on the ribs and lay them in the heated skillet. Cook them for five minutes, then flip them and sauce the cooked side. Do this twice more so each side is sauced and cooked twice.
- Remove the ribs from the cooking surface. They should have a nice char on them.
- Sauce the ribs one last time just prior to serving.
Wrapping the rubbed ribs in two layers of foil before baking will make them more tender. It's more a personal choice depending on what you like.